Friday, June 13, 2008

'If it's Sunday, it's Meet The Press'


Tim Russert passed away today. Now, these things happen and I usually think it's sad and then move on. And that will undoubtedly happen with this instance as well. But this passing will linger for awhile in my heart. I have to say his passing is such a tragedy. He was only 58. His son just graduated from Boston College this Spring. He was one of the only newsmen I felt was truly trustworthy. And this will be the most exciting presidential election in many years. Tim Russert should be here to witness it. He was excited to be here to witness it.
I watch Tim Russert every Sunday on Meet The Press (Im a dork, I know) and now it will never be the same. Im sad to see him go. I wish he didn't. I wish he could have at least lived to see the first black president be elected. He would have liked to live to see that happen, even if only to discuss it on Meet The Press.
And remember, if it's Sunday, it's Meet The Press.

No comments: