Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Random Catching-Up-Ness

Im falling behind yet again on the old bloggy blog. So here's a quick recap.

There were some sunny days with cake and friends


And there were some rainy days with cupcakes and friends! Darby had fun helping Noah celebrate turning three at Willis Tucker, even with the wet weather

The birthday boy, Noah. Yum!


We had a Father's Day celebration at Tom and Sue's house. As you can see, daughter loves snuggling up close to her daddy


And on Saturday I ran in the Rock N Roll half marathon. Dave, Darby, Tom and Sue were cheering from the sidelines around mile marker 8. Seeing them revived me and gave me the energy to get my second wind and finish the 13.1 miles strong! Thanks for cheering us on! Dave's brother James ran the FULL marathon!! He did amazing and is truly inspiring! So impressed that anyone can run that distance. I ran with my sweet friend (and stroller strides instructor) Amber. Here we are at the beginning:


Here's Darby waiting to see Mama or Uncle James run by (she looks so excited)


Here comes Mommy! (I was waving at Darby)


There's Uncle James! He's wearing the grayish shirt with black shorts

Here is my ultra spiffy finisher certificate ;)


I beat my hubby and in-laws to the finish line so no post race pics with my little medal ;) And I just am not going to pay the $29.95 for the post-race pic they take for you at the end. What a rip! That's our last 2 weeks(ish) at a glance!

2 comments:

Joel and Becca said...

Jealous! I didn't get a little spiffy certificate for doing my half marathon! ;) I love my medal though! How awesome, I'm so proud of you Shawna! Great job!! :D

Alicia said...

Way to go! Darby is so cute! Love that one of her waiting!