Sunday, September 6, 2009

My other husband named Dave....

*Get ready to indulge me*

My wonderful husband (Dave Crompton) took me to see my other (imaginary) husband, (Dave Matthews) this weekend at the Gorge!! Last summer was the first summer I missed seeing DMB since 2000, so I guess you could say I was pretty excited. Even though I did see him last spring at the Key Arena...but still! Missing DMB @ the Gorge is quite tragic. Believe me.
I wish I would have brought my camera, but alas, I was too busy figuring out everything for my first night away from Darby - so I forgot the all important camera. I did, however, have my extra crappy Blackberry camera. So please excuse the less than impressive quality of the following pictures.
PS - It rained all the way through the passes, through E-Burg, and through our walk from the Gorge parking lot to the ticket entrance. Then, of course, the sun returned! After it completely soaked us :)

Clearing right after the rain

After it rained there were two FULL beautiful rainbows! My camera phone did them zero justice.


Souvenir tour shirt

The barfy stage pics. We were 32 rows back with a camera phone, it's the best we could do!



I discovered that it really doesn't matter where my seats are. I had as much fun in row 32 as I did a couple years ago in row 5, center stage. It's all good at a DMB concert, dontcha know. My sweet husband (DC) got offered pot (as did I) a few times, per usual, which we politely declined, per usual. As I said, it's all good at a DMB concert ;)

For you Die Hards, here was the set list...and Im throwing in the Sunday set list, too, which I did NOT get the chance to see this year (blarg!) But don't worry. I talked my one husband (DC) into going to TWO shows next summer to see my other husband (DM). That is, if they go on tour next year. *Fingers crossed*

Saturday 09/05/2009
Dave Matthews Band
Gorge Amphitheatre
George, WA

Don’t Drink the Water *
The Stone *
Stay Or Leave *
Funny The Way It Is *
Dive In *
Lie In Our Graves *
Shake Me Like a Monkey *
Seven *
Crash (Into Me) *
Bartender *+
Caveman *+
Alligator Pie *+
Road *+
#41 *
Everyday *
You and Me *
Ants Marching *

Encore:
The Maker *
Pantala Naga Pampa *
Rapunzel *

Special Guests:
* Jeff Coffin
+ Danny Barnes


Sunday 09/06/2009
Dave Matthews Band
Gorge Amphitheatre
George, WA

One Sweet World *
Funny The Way It Is *
Why I Am *
Seven *
So Damn Lucky *
Typical Situation *
Spaceman *
You and Me *
Tripping Billies *
Raven *+
Caveman *+
Recently *+
Road *+
Crush *
Squirm *
Shake Me Like a Monkey *
Two Step *

Encore:
Grey Street *
Time Bomb *

Special Guests:
* Jeff Coffin
+ Danny Barnes


REALLY wishing I was at Sunday's show, too.....BUT Im so happy I went to one! AND they played my one favorite, #41, on our night. Thanks my one Dave (DC) husband for putting up with me!!!

3 comments:

Calley said...

I even thought of you on Saturday. You're such a junkie and I love that you're a junkie. And sigh, the Gorge is just a magical place (that could be full of leprechauns?)

Unknown said...

So glad you two had a fun time! I'm super-jealous!

Mama Megs said...

There you are! I've missed my Shawna/Dave/Darby bloggers :) Hey your dresses are done and I'm shipping them out tomorrow!