Tuesday, May 5, 2009

'Stridin' Rite' ....so to speak



We finally made the official pilgrimage to the big girl shoe store. When I worked at the Boeing Family Center, all I heard from the parents was how wooonnnderfulll Stride Rite is, so I figured it was time to be a true grown up and try the shoe store all the other hip moms go to. Little did I know it would be a zoo of sorts...minus the animals of course. But including all the billions of babies. Darby got her feet measured and she is a...wait for it....a 5 1/2 wide! The abusive parents that we are, we were squishing her humongous feet into size 4 shoes. And yes, I think that is CPS calling. Here is what we ended up with :

Darby doesn't seem too sure about what I affectionately call her 'Peggy Hill feet'


But after some face down wipe outs she got the hang of them and decided to celebrate with her one 3 month old birthday balloon that inexplicably still has helium AND is still floating around our house...??!?


Also Darby has started her new famous 'kinda evil yet kinda cute yet kinda creepy' stare down which only results in Mommy cracking up...

But certainly not to be outdone by her amazing monkey face shirtless dance moves

Seriously, this kid is just too much fun!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Now you're a rockstar mom like Tori and Marcia! :) Darby is adorable!

Shawna said...

At first I was like - what is Alex talking about...?! Then I saw they were on the picture I added!! I thought they were just, ya know, normal model people...but once I looked again I saw them!

Calley said...

Really, you need to like superimpose your face in that ad or something :) I've always wondered about that store, because its for high rollers and I'm a Target shoe shopper. But perhaps I'll try it? Especially since it got a raving review from one of my favorite people :) And whew, have fun in Cali!

Mama Megs said...

I wore Stride Rites when I was little-but they weren't that cute! Just for fun, check out pedipeds.com- they gave THE CUTEST shoes and they're great on kids feet. Henderson wore them all time. Darby really should be a model!!! She's adorable really. I just want to visit Whoville with her or something ;)

Em and TJ said...

I'm so glad Sophia isn't the only one with big feet. She is only 1 size away from her 2 year old cousin. Darby and Sophia should get together and trade shoes, but I'm afraid that I'm with Calley on the whole Target/Fred Meyer shoes, so I guess CPS will be calling me for shoes not good for her feet...but Sophia loves her target BOOTS, haha! Only 6 more weeks and then it's play date time!