Wednesday, April 15, 2009

She Doesn't Get It

But who can blame her?! She is 14 months old...this whole business of hiding eggs/candy just to go find them and stick them in a basket?! Don't the people know hard boiled eggs are made for banging together and cracking? Duh...


She became a true genius as soon as we threw the candy in the middle of the floor, which began the ever so exciting dumping and re-filling game.


Mini Snickers anyone?

And no, we didn't feed our child candy. Dave and I enjoyed it all, thank you very much! YAY Easter! Maybe next year it will be more of a hit.

Ok, cue the singing of angels and a stadium full of deliriously happy-sappy people:

The day all of us 90's kids have been waiting for. M's Opening Day, better known as 'I Get To See Griffey and Relive My Childhood' Day.
Maybe it was the emotion of the moment, or just the sweet, thick stench of garlic fries in the air, but I teared up at Griffey's first at bat (barf, I know). What is it about this guy?! Good lord it was sweet heaven to hear the all too recognizable announcement of 'KEN GRIFFFEYYY JUNIORRRR' from the announcer, Im telling you. Even the strongest of men (and women) couldn't hold back, Im sure. ;)


We fans couldn't help it but all of our super cheesy-ness of a standing ovation at every at bat wasn't too much pressure for Griffey. He got a line drive single his first time up.

To top it all off, I got to go with my favorite person in the world, my G-Ma! Can we get any cornier people?! I think not!

I love it so much, Im going again on Sunday afternoon with the husband. Even his heart is apparently too soft for the likes of the return of The Kid.
Everyone hearts Griffey!! .....oh, and the Mariners! ;)

3 comments:

Calley said...

Who are we kidding, we ate Summer's candy too! "Summer, let's put it in the 'snack drawer'..." and it was all gone by morning. What!
Griffey is on fi-ya! A homer last night! Tyson "says" he didn't cry, but he really is in true love with Griffey, so we'll never know...let's hope they stick to this winning streak!

Em and TJ said...

I had to laugh when you said Darby hit her eggs together because Sophia did the same and enjoyed throwing them like a ball...and about the Mariner's game...I lived the opening day through you! We just cheered from home..but it was still exciting..There was lots of good yelling in the Brown house! :)

Darby's Grandma said...

You left out something very special about opening day. You may have gone to the game with your most favorite person in the world, but your ol' mom got to spend the day with her most favorite person in the world too, and it was my first time babysitting her for that long. Darby and I had a great time! :)