Sunday, July 20, 2008

Gimme a Bite!

This weekend Dave, Darby and I went to the Bite of Seattle. We had a really good time! Darby did awesome and even helped sample the food ;)
The list of food we indulged in:
-Halibut Fish Taco
-Chicken Gyro
-BBQ Pork Sandwich
-Thai Iced Tea
-Homemade Lemonade
-Flippin HUGE strawberry shortcake
-Funnel Cake
-Chocolate Ice Cream in a waffle cone
Yes, we are fatter today. Actually, they have smaller portions so you can try lots of yummy treats! (So I keep telling myself....)
Darby loved the strawberry shortcake!



Daddy liked it, too!


Daddy and Darby

Darby got a small taste of powdered sugar as well! Mostly just got on her face though...

Today we had a fun family picnic on the Edmonds waterfront. I could not believe the amount of seaweed!! I have lived in Washington my whole life and have been to WA beaches a million times, and I have never seen as much nasty seaweed as I did today! The tide was out when we got there, but it slowly came back in. Anyway here are some pics from the fun little picnic (away from the stinky seaweed!)
**Quick side note, this picture was taken by a guy walking by who offered to take our picture. We thought that was so nice, and then he decided to fill us in on his personal life by saying 'I just like to see families together, I have two daughters and my wife left us 10 days after our second daughter was born, so I just like seeing whole families staying together' It's so interesting how people always feel inclined to tell us their personal life stories...thanks for taking our pic though!**

Sporting the sunglasses




Watch out for the seaweed!

2 comments:

Stefanie said...

You ate less than Dean and I...

I wasn't a veggie gal that day! I take the days off when festivals are in town. I mean, you just gotta! Haha!

Eric and Kristine said...

I love all the pictures! I love to cyberstalk friend's blogs as well! you have such a cute family!

I wrote something to this affect before, but I wrote people instead of friends....and well that would just be weird if I looked at random people's blogs!