Monday, July 7, 2008

Fireworks, Fun and Fresh air


Can you believe it's already fireworks time?? I was a little sad since I wasn't going to be seeing my side of the fam this year, but we ended up having a great little 4th. And we discovered we have a 5 month old who happens to love loud, scary fireworks?! Is this normal? Did I frequent too many Dave Matthews concerts and other loud outings whilst pregnant with her? I guess only time will tell...
So onto the 4th fun. There was BBQ, there was potato salad, there was watermelon and pie, and there was the longest game of croquet I have ever witnessed. Due to the unfortunate hilliness of the backyard, it turned out to be a very difficult round. But there was no lack of laughs! Here is Theresa taking a quick break for a photo op.

Darby must not have found the croquet game too exciting because she fell asleep, but woke up in time for the fireworks. Apparently she loves fireworks. None of us were expecting this of course. But she surprises us everyday!




Thanks for such a fun 4th of July my Crompton peops!
We are all so blessed to hang out in this pretty cool country. I was feeling the pride :)

Now onto today. This is how we felt about Grandma coming to visit. I think it conveys our happiness quite well.

We tried out a cute little park near my house. Had some mighty tasty ham sandwiches and cheez-its. Also, I spilled root beer all over the stroller. Sweet! Always graceful.



Playing continued at my house even after spilt root beer ;)



Thanks for visiting us Grandma! We always have fun with you!

3 comments:

Calley said...

Wow---Darby is a mini-Shawna! How fun is that :) What fireworks show did you watch?? We haven't been to Golden Gardens yet but I hear its a must (and probably has better sand than Alki) one day I'll get there...one day!

Mama Megs said...

Game over! I totally remember you :) Don't you just love how good Calley is at hooking old friends up? I sware that girl can find anyone! You look so happy and you little Darby IS a mini-Shawna! She's so cute. So do you guys live in Seattle? We're just about to move to Phoenix next week...ahh the horrible heat-lovely! Keep commenting-I'd love to keep in touch!

Stefanie said...

Mommy's skirt is so cute. It is so something I would buy.

Uhhh, D is already 5 months? Dang...I am a bad Aunt. I have only seen her like 5 times. Once a month is just not enough.

Can you move a little closer to civilization please???!!! Stefie doesn't have a automobile anymore! Dean is a hog...:(