Saturday, February 13, 2010

Turning 2 Is Fun To Do


I have a 2 year old! It just doesn't flow off my tongue easily yet. I have a 2 year old. Well, even if Mom's and Dad's aren't ready for their little stinkers to grow up, it inevitably happens, and of course there must be birthday parties!
We had Darby's little birthday shebang at PlayMatters in Seattle last Saturday and had quite the turnout. 14 little kiddos came to play and celebrate with Darby!

The kiddos had a great time decorating cookies and playing with all the fun toys PlayMatters has to offer.





I made her some very girly, very sprinkle-covered cupcakes which eventually lead to a sugar induced coma for all.


She was so excited when we sang Happy Birthday, and even waited until the song was over to blow out her candles! *During our 'practice runs' at home, she just went straight into the blowing, I was surprised she restrained herself* ;)


Yummmm!



And if that wasn't enough sugar and presents, the next day we went to my parents house for round 2.






Happy Birthday sweet Darby girl! Thanks for making life full of laughs and smiles :)

2 comments:

Mike Skiff said...

WOW...the cakes look so yummy! I want one :). She looks so much like you! Conner would love to play with Ms. Darby when we come back in April. I can't believe she is 2! Looks like the party was a big hit! Happy birthday Darby!
Malyn

Stefanie said...

SAD! I look like a terrible Auntie. I swears I was there!! I was even awesome enough to drag her Uncle to be! LOL! ;)

Cute party, seriously! How am I ever going to top you when I'm a Mommy!?! ;p

Love you 3! *MUAH*