Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Mini HS Reunion of Sorts


Today the Darbster and I ran over to Silverdale to meet up with some girlies from high school and their babies. It was a crazy 7(I think?) baby table, probably driving the other Red Robin diners completely mad! But hey, that's what RR is for. Darby was the nap-less wonder and showed her sassy side a bit throughout lunch, but we're all allowed a bit of a 'tude when we have no nap, right?! Riiiight...

It was so absolutely fun to swap mom stories and other gossip with these girls that I haven't seen in basically 8 years. Emily's little Sophia is a child prodigy or something. She is a month older than Darby and basically carrying on conversations with the adult-types and pointing out the balloons to all of us! *Gasp!* Calley's beauty is named Abby and can I just say she has the CUTEST little brown eyes and she sticks her tongue out when she smiles! Oh my heart! *Sidenote* I was so looking forward to meeting the famous Miss Summer, but she was a no show! But it's ok, she was busy with her Grandma ;) Maybe the Children's Museum Calley and Emily??
Megan's little Amelia is a super model who sports her bows like no other, she is an absolute pro! And Megan's little guy Henderson was so bored by our girly talk, he was out the entire time.
Also, Calley, that poor dear, tried to talk me into a Marathon....ahem...in June! She must be off her rocker! She better be ready to send me her training schedule, and then maybe...just MAYBE I could run a HALF marathon by June. But I have my serious doubts. I mean serious.
Future besties? Darby and Sophia


And then we were visited by super mom herself Natalie and her little 2 year old Trenton at my parents house later on that night!

Trenton was shy at first, but it didn't take long for him to search through the house, check out the dog, and count all the Christmas ornaments! Genius in the making, Im telling you. He also said 'Darby' like a pro and didn't seem to want to leave her when it was time to go ;)

To end the night, I left to catch the 9:20pm ferry and arrived to discover that it only runs on the weekend and had to wait until the 9:55pm, which of course didn't leave until 10:10pm. Oh how I heart the Washington State Ferries!

1 comment:

Mama Megs said...

heehee it was such fun eh?! It was great to see you-I can't believe it's been 8 years...where does the time go?? Thanks for coming all the way over to see us! We MUST do it again when we're all back in town (probibly next Christmas!) And the Darbster is ADORABLE!