Thursday, February 3, 2011

No More Rapunzel Hair!

Darby is seriously growing up! I know lots of kids get their first haircut long before they turn 3 yrs old, but Darby is just not one of those kids! I haven't had the heart to get it cut yet. But it has been getting longer and longer, and harder to manage. So I thought right before her 3rd birthday would be a good time to visit Bella and Max at Country Village in Bothell and get it snipped. She did SO amazing! She sat so still and was so quiet, even while a little baby boy screamed bloody murder in the seat next to her ;) It was his first haircut, too, but he was probably just 1 yr old.

Here is the before pic (you can see how long her hair was in the mirror)

She was so good!

 All done!

No more Rapunzel :( But doesn't it look cute?!

I'm so proud of my big girl!
Bella and Max gave me a lock of her hair to keep ;) I don't know why I'm so sentimental about this! I even almost screamed 'Stop! Nevermind! I changed my mind, don't do it!' as the girl started cutting her hair. But I kept quiet and let her finish. I guess in the end, it's just hair and will grow again! Darby is very proud of her big girl haircut, and that's all that matters.


3 comments:

Mike & Malynda said...

She is so cute! Now with baby boy you won't be able to wait that long so its ok you did with Darby! Her hair cute looks as cute as ever!

Em and TJ said...

Wow..what a big girl. Her hair is so pretty! I showed Sophia and she said her hair was cute:)

Unknown said...

Darling:) Can't believe she's 3...and that you have 35 days to go!!!