Thursday, December 23, 2010

Family Christmas Music

My family basically listens to the regular favorites during the holidays. But there is one album I grew up listening to in the Willcoxon household that NO ONE ELSE in the world seems to know about! Dave makes fun of me every year when I pop in this particular CD, even though I think it is secretly starting to grow on him. So along with Amy Grant's Christmas Album, Bing Crosby, Nat King Cole, and the rest of the favorites, everyone should take a listen to (drum roll please) -


That's right! The Roger Whittaker Christmas Album! It's the BEST. He's European, dontcha know ;) With such tunes as Momma Mary (Darby's fav), Hallelujah It's Christmas, Darcy the Dragon (my fav), A Time For Peace, and Country Christmas how can you NOT get in the Christmas spirit?! I am seriously so grateful for my weirdo parents who picked this album out of oblivion and stuck it in our record player when I was a kid. Awwww memories. But really, the story goes like this - my dad went to pick up some Christmas music at the store early on in their marriage and saw the cover of this one and grabbed it. Didn't know ANY of the songs. And now it's a family classic. Yay Dad!

Take a listen someday when you're not all drowning in Christmas cheeriness and business - click here to listen

No comments: